Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Cake

Every month, I have lunch with my 3 wonderful sisters-in-law (Vickie, Julia and Marianne), Aunt Pauline, and Marilyn (Glenn’s step-mom).  We were at Aunt Pauline’s this time, and she served a wonderful meal – but of course my favorite was dessert!  It was sooooo good – and so perfect for this time of year, that I had to have the recipe.  I haven’t made it yet – but I can definitely vouch for its goodness. 

You really should try it!  You won’t be disappointed!

1 32 oz can pumpkin

1 1/2 c sugar

1 tsp ginger

1/2 tsp ground cloves

1 large can (about 15 oz Eagle Brand) of evaporated milk

4 beaten eggs

 

2 sticks butter

and a yellow or white cake mix

 

Mix together the top 6 ingredients and pour into a 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle with the box of cake mix.  Melt the 2 sticks of butter and drizzle over it all.  You can top with pecans if you want.  Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours.

 

I only wish I had a picture…Smile

1 comment: