Wednesday, December 15, 2010

catching up

I was afraid this would happen.  That I would not be faithful to keep a blog going.  But I suppose I did fulfill the primary purpose – to keep you all updated with Sophia during the time before and after her surgery. 

She is doing very well!  She has said less about her side hurting – and she looks and sounds wonderful.  A little heavy breathing here and there that might have a slight rasp in it – but then quickly subsides.  She hasn’t been sick and has just gotten stronger. During stretches last week at ballet, her teacher looked at me and commented on how strong her abdominals and back are – because she was able to hold herself so well in the “Superman” position on the floor.  (It’s just what it sounds like – laying on belly with back arched up and arms out straight in front – holding it for several counts)

We went tobogganing last weekend at Pokagon in Angola, Indiana with all the Orrs.  We had a wonderful time with them all as we celebrated Debbie’s 60th birthday.  (Glenn’s sister)  We laughed and talked and ate ice cream – we had so much fun.  The kids had a great time.  Noah was so worn out, either from the sledding and trudging about in heavy snow gear (or the excessive amounts of chocolate pudding he ate at dinner), that he put his head on the dinner table and fell asleep.  I think it was before 7:00 p.m.

Sophia and Isabella will be 7 on the 22nd!  So I am trying hard to get a couple of sewing gifts finished for them.  Backpacks and dress up dresses.  It may end up being more than I can accomplish in this amount of time.  But I thought it would be fun to have Alix help me, so she can get more experience.  The girls are very excited about their birthday, of course.  They have given us a lot of helpful suggestions about gifts for several months now.  I am pretty confident that no matter whether or not we actually fulfilled the specific requests, they are going to be happy.  They are so easy to please.

Well – better put my money where my mouth is.  Smile  Time to sew!

 

Here is a picture of the pattern I picked for the girls.  Olivia found it on my dresser and asked me to make the purple one on the bottom for her.

If we finish them, I’ll try to put up a picture of the girls wearing them.

 

5520.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment