Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentine’s Day

 

Every year we make heart cookies.  Usually I pipe out the kids’ names, but I ran short on time this year and so we opted for sprinkles.  The sprinkles were put on carefully by the some of the kids, and not so carefully by some others.

IMG_1479

It didn’t matter.  We ate them all anyway. 

They are a great cookie recipe – from Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa).  We’ve used the recipe for 4th of July flag cookies (the original recipe), autumn leaf cookies, Christmas snowmen and angels, and hearts.  They are very similar to shortbread –yum!  You can find it here, although I saw it in a Living magazine years ago and now keep it in my recipe binder. 

You’ll love them!

            

Glenn sent me some really beautiful roses –                        

 

 IMG_1476          

 

 

We had a family favorite for dinner – spaghetti – followed by the cookies and the heart-shaped, giant-sized Reeces peanut butter chocolates from Daddy.

The best things were the sweet little cards the girls and I made.  We had all kinds of trims from my stash and they surprised each other, and the boys, with the valentines we made.  

IMG_1706

Hope your Valentine’s Day was filled with love and joy!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it fun to make the holiday's special for our kids? Good job, Mom!!

    ReplyDelete